To become a professional bus or truck driver you must pass:
- Two hour multiple choice theory test
- Two hour case study theory test
- 90 minute driving test
- 30 minute practical test.
In addition, to maintain your Driver CPC, you must complete 35 hours of periodic training for five years following qualification (one day per year) Modules are:
1. Control of vehicle and Eco driving techniques
2. Minimising risks and Managing emergencies in the Transport Industry
3. Health and Safety of the professional Driver
4. Role of the professional driver in the transport Industry
5. The Professional Truck Driver
6. The professional Bus Driver
Drivers with acquired Rights:
Your licence will have an issue date before the September deadlines in the relevant category as proof of your acquired rights. When you complete your periodic training, you will be issued with a Driver CPC qualification card.
Call us today on 01 836 3344 to book a lesson!